NextGenEU: AI, Data, and Robotics for Brussels and the Common Good
FARI – AI Institute for the Common Good was created by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and the Université Libre de Bruxelles. It was launched in 2021 and received the support of the NextGenerationEU. This will help fund activities related to AI, Data, and Robotics for and with Brussels, its citizens, administrations, companies, and organizations.
Join us on 18 January 2022 from 14:00 to 16:00 as we welcome international experts to present what ‘AI, Data, and Robotics for the Common Good’ can mean for the betterment and sustainability of urban cities and beyond. We will also be joined by local policy-makers who will share their views on the potential contribution of these technologies in the Brussels Region. During the two-hour event, our very own ULB-VUB researchers will share ongoing collaborative FARI projects on AI, Data, and Robotics for the Brussels public administration.
- 2:00 – 2:10 – Opening remarks by VUB and ULB Rectors
- 2:10 – 2:15 – Message from the Belgian Federal Government
- 2:15 – 2:20 – Message from the Regional Government
- 2:20 – 2:40 – Keynote: Urban AI by Stefaan Verhulst
- 2:40 – 3:00 – Keynote: AI and Sustainability by Aimee van Wynsberghe
- 3:00 – 3:20 – Keynote: Future of European AI for the Common Good by Holger Hoos
- 3:20 – 3:35 – Panel discussion
- 3:35 – 3:45 – FARI’s Future Activities
- 3:45 – 4:00 – Q&A